Saturday 17 May 2008

Edinburgh






Deb, I don't know how you ever left Scotland! I loved it! We were only there for 2 days but we made it count. We went through the Edinburgh Castle, which was awesome. They have these books in the castle with the names of all the men from Scotland that had been killed in various wars, and I found a bunch of Daly's that were killed in action. In one of the rooms where those books were found it had a quote on the wall that gave me goosebumps: "The souls of the righteous are in the hands of God. There shall no evil happen to them: they are in peace."
We hiked to Arthur's Seat when we first got there. It was an intense hike, but the view at the top made it worth it. It is such a beautiful place! I loved all the bagpipers (is that a word?), the fun pubs, the hostel, and the slower-paced/friendlier atmosphere of Edinburgh--in comparison to London.

1 comment:

Deb said...

April;
Edinburgh is such a beautiful place I am so glad that you got to go! I wish I would of been able to show you around. I am glad you are having so many great experiences!
miss ya!
Deb