Sunday 4 May 2008

The adventure so far

London is incredible. It' s MASSIVE and very lively. The days seem to all run together; we're just constantly doing something. I went to a singles dance at the local stake and felt like I was truly in my element (out on the dance floor) for the first time since we've been here. I also went to my new ward today (Wandsworth Common). It was tiny and there are people from all over--many of them black--and they were very friendly. They asked us to bare our testimonies and gave us callings. I'll be working with the young women as an advisor. The church is not nearly as developed here, but the doctrine and ordinances are all the same, which is an awesome testimony builder.
On a slightly less religious note, I have to tell a funny story. I was hesitating to walk across the street and this guy on a motorcycle waved me to cross. He revved his engine right when I walked in front of him and I smiled, looking forward, thinking "No way he seriously just did that." When he saw that I smiled, he revved it twice after I had walked all the way across, and I looked back after a few seconds with a shocked. Then he did a head nod to acknowledge that yes, he really is that sleezy. haha!

3 comments:

Kendyl said...

Cute blog, great way to keep everyone posted! I'll check often...! Looks so fun over there, have tons of fun!!!

Perley Family said...

Cool! I think your testimony will really grow over there. It really is a totally different dynamic over there isn't it?
~Kris

sue daly said...

Sleazy?? I think it shows the guy has good taste!! :) Your pictures are really pretty. Were the drawings on the sidewalk paint or chalk? It all looks like fun! xoxo